Saturday, February 23, 2008

UNFIT TO PRACTICE ANYWHERE

This is dedicated to all the women out there whom this will happen to if you ever visit this M.D.

I visited J. Kelly M.D., 5751 W. Belmont, Chicago, Ill. for my annual check up back in June, 07.
My second thought now is that I should have went to my original doctor located at N.W. Memorial hospital downtown but, being in the neighborhood and online, I went to Dr. Kelly.
She had me take just about every test she could think of and in approx. three weeks she contacted me and informed me that I have thyroid disease and had stage one HPV!, well I was so upset(I'm sure you can imagine), I was given drugs for the Thyroid and told to get a pap smear every 3 - 6 months. I thought, Oh GOD, how could I tell my husband and children, I cried for a week straight, I told my husband after we had moved to Indiana, approx. two weeks later, well needless to say, the accusations were flying between me and my husband because as you know, HPV is a sexually transmitted disease. My mother suggested that I go to my doctors at N.W.M. hospital and be retested, which I did, but before he ran the tests he needed my medical records from Dr. Kelly.
I tried for several weeks to get Dr. Kelly to fax them to N.W.M. hospital and all I got was the run around so my husband made a special trip to her office and was told that they had just faxed them.
My doctor at N.W.M. hospital re-tested me and advised two weeks later that they came back negative, Thank God!, he stated that there was no Thyroid disease and definitely NO HPV!

I want to hear your thoughts about this experience, my husband is contiplating a lawsuit so any advice you can give will be appreciated. I am also sending this blog to Joanna Kelly, ( I do not consider her a doctor any more.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is amazing. And what a disgrace to put our lives in the hands of someone so careless. I'm sorry you had to got through all of this but it was a good lesson to teach you to never settle for less then the best just because she close to your house. I will make sure I spread the news to my family and friends because we are all in that surrounding neighborhood and I can assure you I'll never go there. Please consider that mistreating you, misdiagnosing you and the kind of stress her and her practice put you and your family through is definitly grounds for a law suit.
Take care and good luck.

Anonymous said...

Definite malpractice.... misdiagnosed, medication given for a disease that was not there, and almost ruined your marriage! I can only imagine the fear and stress you were pu through! I would definitely let your husband file a suit agains her. i'm glad you got a second opinion!! Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

Wow two comments what the heck happened!

Anonymous said...

Please ask the 1st doctor for copies of the tests, or ask your new doctor for copies of the test reports so you can see who made the errors, that's what I would do !

Anonymous said...

It is a shame that anyone would go through the mental torture of a misdiagnosis. I would request a original copy from the lab that performed the test. The lab report would print out any abnormalities that would alert the physician. If the lab report didn't show abnormalities of your labs, then your physician is "beefing" up her practice at the patients and insurance companies expense. If you obtain a copy from the performing lab and find that the physician was wrong, I'd also consider contacting your insurance company and filing a report. Insurance companies will drop health care providers if the care for their members is jeopardized. This is also a reason people can't get private insurance at a reasonable rate or even coverage because our medical records are incorrect. Good for you in bringing this to the public attention and good luck to you.